What is informed consent? Select at least one video from this week (Ethics in Psychological Research or Key Issues in Psychological Research) to view for this assignment. What are the key points about ethics in research highlighted in each of these films, particularly those regarding informed consent? How would you use these to inform how you would handle the following two situations:
- You have recruited a potential participant for a study that you are running of life events and depressive disorders. When the potential participant arrives, you discover that she has vision impairment. What are the ethical issues in this scenario, especially regarding informed consent? What do you do?
- A participant comes to the second phase of a study that you are running. He said that he is not sure that he wants to complete the psychiatric interview again. He noted that he had a hard time sleeping the week after he completed the first phase. What do you do?
Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS