Topic: Literature Search
The purpose of this assignment is to introduce the method of critical thinking required for searching, evaluating, and organizing research articles to support your proposed PICOT-D question.
- Utilize the attached “Literature Evaluation Table” to complete this assignment.
- Use the “Levels of Evidence in Research” chart, located in Class Resources, to assist in completing the assignment.
- Use the “Searching Nursing Databases,” located on the Doctor of Nursing Practice page in the GCU Library, to assist in completing the assignment.
- A minimum of five primary quantitative research articles, published within 5 years of your anticipated graduation date, are required to complete this assignment.
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
For this assignment, you will search for and evaluate literature to identify supporting evidence for your proposed PICOT-D question from your “PICOT-D Question Template.” Complete the following:
- Review the “Levels of Evidence in Research” chart and the “Literature Evaluation Table” document prior to beginning this assignment. Refer to the criteria on these respective documents for identifying and evaluating acceptable research for your future DPI Project.
- Conduct a search in the GCU Library using the nursing databases and find a minimum of five primary quantitative research articles to support your PICOT-D question. Two must provide direct support for your proposed intervention. You may use research articles from your previous assignments if the articles meet the specified criteria for this assignment.
- Use the “Literature Evaluation Table” to evaluate the quality of the primary quantitative research articles you selected for PICOT-D question. As you evaluate the selected articles, remove and replace any articles that fail to meet the criteria on the table.
- If your intervention is a clinical practice guideline, or is coming from a clinical practice guideline, identify your clinical practice guideline in Table 3 of the “Literature Evaluation Table” and include the primary quantitative research from the clinical practice guideline in Table 1 (PICOT-D Question) or Table 2 (Intervention).
- Once you have five primary quantitative research articles identified, submit the “Literature Evaluation Table.”
Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS