Topic 1: Data Visualization
This week you watched Big Data Visualization (YouTube Video) and Information is Beautiful where you learned about how good designs are the best way to navigate information overabundance.
David McCandless turns complex data sets (like worldwide military spending, media buzz, Facebook status updates) into beautiful, simple diagrams that tease out unseen patterns and connections. Choose ONE of the graphics to discuss from Information is Beautiful and then answer the questions below. Be sure to indicate in your response, which of the graphics you have chosen to analyze.
- Which of the graphics did you choose?
- What ideas or pieces of information does the author present? List as many as you can.
- Identify the main conclusion told in the graphic. This should not just be the title, but what conclusion you can make from the information provided.
- Describe how the author represents data in the graphic. Example, using color to represent two things.
- What other ways does the author tell the audience about the key message(s)?
- What do you like/dislike about the graphic?
Topic 2: Infographics
An infographic is a visual representation of information, data, or knowledge meant to present complex information quickly and clearly. Infographics exist on nearly any topic you can imagine, proliferating in the digital age with social media.
Locate an infographic which relates to ONE of the topics covered within this course: (no more than two postings related to the same topic will be permitted). Examples of topics covered in this class are: Fake News, Privacy & Security, Digital Divide, etc.
Responses will need to include, but are not limited to:
- Title of Infographic (if not available then subject it relates to)
- Topic covered in class that the infographic relates to
- Detail how the Infographic relates to the topic
- Analysis and recommendations for adjustment
Minimum Topic Response: PLEASE RESPOND IN THREE OR MORE SENTENCES PER TOPIC.
NOTE 1: Please make sure you answer EACH item and LABEL each item (#1, #2, #3, etc) so that I can easily check that each item has been answered.
NOTE 2: Please do not attach a file to the conference–enter your reply into the text area provided.
NOTE 3: After you post your response, please review it to make sure it is formatted correctly and is easy to read.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS