The 2010 Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA) is a landmark legislation that is considered by many to be the most significant advance in the United States healthcare policy since the passage of Medicare and Medicaid in 1965. However, the ACA is not without controversy stemming from opponents all along the political spectrum. Some believe the law has gone too far, others not far enough.
Aside of ACA, an alternative approach to healthcare delivery has been referred to as the “single-payer” system. Research the single-payer approach to healthcare delivery in the United States using your textbook, the Argosy University online library resources, and the Internet.
Address the following:
- What are the strengths and challenges presented in this solution?
- Identify any omissions in this solution and discuss how they should be addressed.
- Identify any changes that you would suggest.
- Based on your current situation in terms of healthcare coverage (insured by an employer, covered under a parent’s or spouse’s policy, receiving government benefits, uninsured, etc.), indicate how a single-payer plan would affect you personally. Also, indicate whether you are in favor of such an approach.
Write a 3–4-page paper in Word format. Apply APA standards to citation of sources. Use the following file naming convention: LastnameFirstInitial_M4_A2.doc.
Thanks for installing the Bottom of every post plugin by Corey Salzano. Contact me if you need custom WordPress plugins or website design.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS