Review the board of psychology code of conduct for your state, the APA ethics code, and Specialty Guidelines for Forensic Psychologists (the last two items are linked in Resources).
· Describe any forensic practice issues addressed in your state code.
· Compare how your state addresses these issues to how they are addressed in the other two documents.
· Are the standards for your state consistent with those established in the APA ethics code and Specialty Guidelines for Forensic Psychologists?
o If not, can they be reconciled?
· Describe your state requirements of experts licensed in another jurisdiction who seek to testify in your state.
· Compare this to the requirements of another state of your choice. Access this information by calling other state boards of psychology or by viewing their Web sites.
Ethical Practice in Forensic Situations
Sections IV-E and V of the Specialty Guidelines for Forensic Psychologists discuss issues of confidentiality and informed consent in forensic practice.
· Compare and contrast how these issues are treated in the specialty guidelines to their treatment in the APA ethics code and your state board rules.
· Comment on how one of the following considerations might affect issues of confidentiality and informed consent:
o The Fifth Amendment rights of the accused.
o Hearsay provided against the accused.
o Proper delivery of Miranda warnings.
o The right to counsel of the accused.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS