Please Read: http://theessayexperiencefall2013.qwriting.qc.cuny.edu/files/2013/09/Me-Talk-Pretty-One-Day-by-David-Sedaris.pdf
Respond to the following questions by Friday night. Aim to offer at least 200 words, altogether, in your response.
1. Sedaris describes how he felt his identity was being challenged by his speech therapy. Have you or someone you know ever had a similar experience and been treated like an outsider by an institution? How is this different than when an individual discriminates against someone?
2. Much of Sedaris’ comedy centers on how he says something. Describe something in a serious tone and then describe it in a humorous tone. How do your two descriptions differ?
3. Sedaris’ comedy also relies on how his perspective now is different than his perspective in the past. How would you describe the differences between Sedaris as a young man and at the time he wrote this book?
4. How does the ending to Rooster’s episode lead you to reexamine his extremely foul language?
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS