- Intercultural Learning Activities
Read the following anecdote:
Yuri, an exchange student from Russia, was gratified by the warm reception he got upon his arrival in the U.S. He was greeted by broad smiles and was frequently invited into homes for meals. He was invited to stay in American homes several times. At cultural events, people would say to Yuri, “You must drop by and see us sometime.”
Yuri called home and enthusiastically told his family, “Americans are so friendly! We are going to be close friends and see a lot of each other.”
When researching this topic, some questions to consider in your response may include:
- What is Yuri’s view of Americans, and on what does he base this perception? (Before you answer this…think of how many times you tell someone to “stop by anytime” but really anticipate that someone would call first.)
- Is Yuri’s perception accurate? Will the friendly Americans remember the invitations for Yuri to stop by? How durable are friendships with strangers in the U.S.?
- Are the signs of friendship the same everywhere? To what do friendships obligate you in the U.S.? Are the obligations the same in other cultures?
- What do our social interactions tell us about trust vs. mistrust, relationships, and how accurate our perceptions are about others even in our own culture?
Prior to submitting your work in your final project, compile all previous lab assignments to include a comprehensive paper that reflects an understanding of the basic concepts in Psychology. Be sure to include final revised work from previous weeks and make sure the paper flows from one topic to the next.
Remember, your paper should include:
- For Weeks 1 and 2, the beginning of your paper will be about research (testing, intuition verses data collection, emperical evidence) which you already have a foundation for in your Lab reports.
In Weeks 3 through 6, you may choose one topic per week to include in your paper. The choices are as follows:
- Week 3: Sensation and Perception, Dreams, or Paranormal/Parapsychological Phenomena
- Week 4: Memory, Problem-Solving Strategies, Learning
- Week 5: Motivation and Emotion, Stress, Health, and Human Flourishing
- Week 6: Personality and Social Psychology
Your final paper should have 5 sections represented as Weeks 1 and 2 with a primary focus on research and Weeks 3 through 6 with a primary focus on the topics you chose.
Thanks for installing the Bottom of every post plugin by Corey Salzano. Contact me if you need custom WordPress plugins or website design.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS