In most of your courses, you are required to use sources published within the past 8 years. However, legal sources older than 8 years may still be relevant and appropriate to use. Therefore, in this course, you may use sources older than 8 years when the sources are relevant. You are tasked with making sure your sources are appropriate and applicable.
For this assignment, you must compile an annotated bibliography with 8-10 peer-reviewed, academic sources that you will use to write your draft paper. Please click here (Links to an external site.) (Links to an external site.) for information describing the difference between scholarly and non-scholarly sources. In addition, you can find an example of an APA annotated bibliography by clicking here (Links to an external site.) (Links to an external site.).
Please review the rubric for the grading requirements.
Annotated Bibliography- Rubric.pdf
Annotated Bibliography Requirements:
- 8 to 10 peer- reviewed sources
- For the purposes of this course “Peer reviewed, scholarly references” also includes state, federal, and administrative cases, decisions, and opinions; statutes and regulations; constitutions; as well as Restatements and other legal summations of common law
- The book for this course may be used as a source be in addition to your 8-10 peer-reviewed sources.
- APA format
- You must submit original work. Turn-it-in is enabled on this assignment.
- The majority of your sources must be new and relate to your established your focus areas in this course.
- If you have prior sources you want to use because they are relevant to concepts in this course you may. However, recycled sources should be less than 30% of your total number of sources. IMPORTANT: If you reuse the source you can use the same summary however, you must update how you are going to apply the information to the paper for this class.
- You must summarize the article AND state how the information pertains to your final paper.
The purpose of the Annotated Bibliography is to explain in your words the article you found and how it relates to your topic. Each source should have a minimum of a paragraph to adequately accomplish the objective. For a short explanation please click on the link below.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZoIXuRyTgI (Links to an external site.)
You will be able to retrieve your articles through the University of Mary online resources. You can access the Welder Library by clicking here (Links to an external site.). If you need help getting started, please contact the library staff at 701-355-8070 or by emailing [email protected]. Please use the information below to access the eResources.
This assignments must be written in APA 6th edition format. I recommend that you purchase a 6th edition APA if don’t already have one. Also, you can contact Smarthinking through the left navigation pane if you need further writing assistance.
Thanks for installing the Bottom of every post plugin by Corey Salzano. Contact me if you need custom WordPress plugins or website design.