- In a section titled “Theories” identify the ethical theory or theories you will use to build your compass (Natural Law, deontological, utilitarian, common good, virtue, etc.) along with a short documented definition for each theory [“documented” in the sense of citing and referencing your source.]. Please keep in mind that some ethical theories are mutually exclusive. For example, the Natural Law axiomatically accepts the existence of a knowable objective moral order while Ethical Relativism inherently rejects the existence of an objective moral order, so to invoke both would be nonsensical since they directly counter each other. Also, keep in mind that a strong and valid ethical theory should provide the framework by which a person can discern right and wrong in any situation. In other words, if an ethical theory is valid, a person should only need recourse to that ethical theory instead of needing a hodgepodge of ethical theories to discern right from wrong.
- In a section titled “Explanation” explain how the ethical theory (or theories) will help you discern right and wrong in various situations (e.g. Using deontology at work to ensure the company’s policies are kept and its reputation is upheld; using care ethics at home as a way to be equitable with the kids, etc.).
- In a section titled “Ethical Problem,” chose one topic from the Markkula Center for Applied Ethics (under “Ethics Spotlight” ) or another pressing ethical situation you or others you know are facing at the moment and using ether Framework for Ethical Decision Making (Markkula or Brown), walk through the steps to make an ethical decision and justify what you decide is the moral action to take in this situation. Be sure to be clear on which of the two frameworks you are using.
Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS