GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR DISCUSSIONS: Your contributions should be thoughtful and developed. Answer all parts of the question and use concepts from the course materials. Use a professional style of communication, with attention to grammar, spelling, and typos; cite your sources.
Choose ONE of the following options for a play and a corresponding film adaptation to address this question. You might have to rent the film or find it on an online streaming service
OPTION 1: Read Romeo and Juliet and watch one of the following adaptations: Gnomeo & Juliet (2011), Chicken Rice War (2000), Romeo Must Die (2000), Romeo + Juliet (1996), Romeo and Juliet(1968), Romeo and Juliet (1966), West Side Story (1961), Romeo and Juliet (1954), Romeo and Juliet (1936).
OPTION 2: Read The Taming of the Shrew and watch one of the following adaptations: Deliver Us from Eva (2003), 10 Things I Hate About You (1999), The Taming of the Shrew (1967), McLintock! (1967), Kiss Me Kate (1953), You Made Me Love You (1933),
Now, for the play/film pair that you chose, address all parts of this question.
- Clearly identify two scenes from the written play that also appear in the film (however loosely) that you think are significant to the overall story, and explain why.
- Offer an assessment of how well you think the film portrayed the two scenes. In other words, was the film’s portrayal of these two scenes effective or ineffective? Why?
- Use at least two of the terms and concepts from the Learning Resources for the module explain why the scenes portrayed in the film were effective or ineffective. For example, perhaps the film used specific music and lighting in a scene to effectively emphasize the tension of the scene. Underline or bold the vocabulary, concept or technique you use as an interpretative tool in your post.
- Finally, give your overall opinion about how the themes of this play translate to our contemporary world and why you think this play has had so many film adaptations.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS