- Consider how it conveys adolescence, coming of age, and the liminal space between childhood and adulthood.
- Consider what coming of age means and looks like in your film.
- How are the characters caught between childhood and adulthood, and how does that play out?
- Which contexts, whether national or social, provide a kind of framework for the film and its depiction of adolescence?
- What messages and/or conclusions may be drawn from the movie’s depiction of youth and coming of age?
Crazed Fruit (Kô Nakahira, 1956, Japan)
Totally F***Ed Up (Gregg Araki, 2005, US)
Ava (Sadaf Foroughi, 2017, Canada)
American Honey (Andrea Arnold, 2016, US/UK)
Retablo (Alvaro Delgado Aparicio, 2018, Peru)
High School: Documenting A Philadelphia High School (Frederick Wiseman, 1968, US)
Another coming of age movie of your choice. Kanopy, for instance, has dozens more, including Whale Rider, Eighth Grade, Donnie Darko, and dozens more.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS