Select a single media clip that you find interesting and write a essay doing a media analysis that answers the following question: “What does this media clip show about how gender and/or sexuality is written?”
Note that this essay is designed as an opportunity to demonstrate your successful development of SLO 3: “Apply the major conventions of standard written English.” We will also start developing the skills to help you demonstrate SLO 1: “Analyze university-level texts” and SLO 4: “Choose and integrate credible sources for support, using appropriate citation format”.
Helpful Questions – Brainstorming Springboards
You do not necessarily have to answer these exact questions, but they could help give you a jumpstart on what you want to write about:
• How do you know the gender/sexuality of the people in the video – or at least, the gender/sexuality that they are performing? What is it about them, or what are they doing, or the visuals and words surrounding them, that clues you in? Be specific! Zero in on very particular details and explain them as well as explain their significance.
• Who do you think this video is targeted towards? How can you tell? Given who you think the audience is, do you feel like this is a successful representation of sexuality? Why or why not?
• What does your media clip show you about what sexuality means (for the producers, for the viewers, etc.)? How does this reinforce or challenge our cultural messages about sexuality?
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS