English Synthesis essay: happiness and social conventions.
Topic: For the synthesis essay, you will be choosing 3 texts we have studied in class and explain how the topics of Happiness and Social Conventions were presented in each.
For more details please read the file I have attached and do so accordingly beside using any other resources then the ones I have chosen for the essay. Please do everything else according to the file I have attached very carefully and make it simple with good grammar, but simple vocabulary.
Synthesis Writing in The English Classroom:
One of the most fundamental skills students should learn is how to evaluate sources and synthesize (integrate or combine) information. Learning to write a synthesis paper is a critical skill, crucial to organizing and presenting information in an academic and non-academic settings, and it is a skill that students will continue to use long after high school.
What Is Synthesis?
Essentially, synthesis is the act of drawing information from multiple sources. The goal is to have a strong thesis and include multiple text or synthesize the information
Steps to writing a synthesis essay:
- Pick a topic – one of the topics we discussed or a combination of both.
- Develop a thesis. If you posed a question, present a tentative answer. Begin your paper with the thesis, clearly outlining the ideas you will develop.
- Identify at least three texts, which we read in this class and address the theme and/or question you chose to focus on. Ideally you can find references, which support your thesis.
- Read each of your sources carefully and summarize main ideas – use the work we did for each text to help you.
- Analyze your sources to identify the similarities and differences or group similar ideas together; generalize from these similar ideas.
- Assemble the various generalizations in a logical and coherent way
- Focus on the ideas, not the authors of those ideas (your essay should not sound like a list of unrelated ideas by unrelated people).
- It is highly recommended that you use direct quotes when referring to texts, but make sure you situate your quotes and integrate them into the paper both in terms of content and writing.
- In conclusion you should summarize your main thesis and outline questions, which remain open or issues that ought to be further explored
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS