Your group is to determine the cable route, type of installation, size of wire, motor type, capacitor configuration, starter type, short circuit currents and motor controller wiring. Please include any relevant code references. See breakdown below. (5 marks)
1) Create a cable route diagram. Determine cable route (Conductor length / path) from “Disconnect 3” as seen located above splitter on print E8 to the motor location assigned by your instructor. (3 marks)
2) Research and include specifications for your groups motor. (3 marks)
3) Calculate capacitor size and configuration needed to correct the motor from the power factor indicated in your specs to a 95% pf. (See unit 14 in EWI) (assume motor will be fully loaded and capacitors will be connected to the load side of the motor overload device) (3 marks)
4) Determine the conductor size and type for installing your motor (see Unit 10 in EWI) (3 marks)
– Calculations must show that your conductors conform to code rule 8-102 CEC for maximum voltage drop (examples – Unit 7 of your industrial prints book pages 72 through 90)
– Please note your conductor sizes are subject to the termination temperature limitations as noted in code rule 4-006 CEC (assume no marked termination temperature at disconnect and motor controller).
5) Calculate fuse and overload sizes based on your motor specifications and applicable code rules. (3 marks) -Verify disconnect is sufficient size. (See unit 10 in EWI)
6) Calculate conduit and fitting sizes for your conductors. (3 marks)
7) Complete a calculation for cable pull tension. See example from Unit 3 pages 42 to 44 of the industrial prints book. (See unit 3 in EWI) (3 marks)
8) Complete a short circuit calculation at motor from Service A. (3 marks)
Use point-to-point method. Examples form Unit 17 of the industrial prints book EWI.
assume infinite source from Service A.
assume symmetrical Line to Line to Line “bolted” fault at motor.
assume the only “motor contribution” to the fault current is from your motor.
9) Create a control-wiring diagram that allows for stop, start and reverse of the motor. (3 marks)
10) Create a Material list that includes amount of conduit, cable, fittings, boxes, connectors, support material, etc. Please include equipment needed to install the material.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS