Case Study, Chapter 10, Mandatory Minimum Staffing Ratios
A nurse manager is attending a national convention and is attending a concurrent session on staffing ratios. Minimum staffing ratios are being discussed in the nurse manager’s own state. The nurse manager has a number of questions about staffing ratios that the session is covering. The nurse manager knows that evidence exists that increasing the number of RNs in the staffing mix leads to safer workplaces for nurses and higher quality of care for patients.
1. What are the three general approaches recommended by the American Nurses Association (2017) to maintain sufficient staffing?
2. Should LPNs be counted to meet minimum mandatory staffing ratios?
3. Analyze what proponents and critics say about whether mandatory minimum staffing ratios are needed.
To best understand the concepts of ethics, define the following terms AND Write a hypothetical situation where each of the defined terms above is utilized:
For all DQs: Answers should be 2-3 Paragraphs made up of 3-4 sentences each, at least 250 words (more or less) in length. 3 references for each question.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS