behavior Therapy and Cognitive behavior Therapy Actions for ‘Discussion Question: Behavior Therapy and Cognitive behavior Therapy
In this discussion we examine the principles and techniques of both behavior therapy and cognitive behavior therapy.
Use the following scenario to develop your responses to the next two questions: Assume that you work in a day care center and take care of four 6-year-olds. One of the boys, Ethan, frequently disrupts the classroom. He disobeys your orders, bullies and pushes the other children in your care, and throws tantrums when he does not get what he wants.
- Using operant conditioning principles, how might you structure a behavioral approach to working with Ethan in a way that directly addresses his problematic behaviors? What techniques would you use? Be specific and explain your rationale thoroughly.
- As a result of your intervention, as mentioned in question 1, what specific behavioral changes might you expect in Ethan as a result of employing these techniques? Again, be specific and detailed in your response.
Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy
- Using the rational-emotive behavior approach to therapy, apply the A-B-C method mentioned in the course lecture notes to either a real life situation that you have experienced or create a scenario to illustrate how the realization of beliefs influence the consequences of behavior. Be sure to clearly label each component (A)ctivating event, (B)elief, and (C)onsequence in your example to show how they relate and the progression of the behaviors. Then take the ABC model full circle and include the (D)isputing and the (E)ffect of the disputing process. Clearly explain in detail how each step in the ABCDE process is playing out in your scenario
Thanks for installing the Bottom of every post plugin by Corey Salzano. Contact me if you need custom WordPress plugins or website design.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS