Selecting a Good Test
- Attributes and Evaluation of Discussion Contributions.
Your first assignment, Review and Selection of a Standardized Test, is due by the end of this unit. This assignment includes researching three different standardized tests in a variety of resources, which include Mental Measurements Yearbook from Buros (available in the Capella Library), test publisher Web sites, and peer-reviewed journals.
For this discussion, identify the three standardized tests that you are in the process of researching. The Unit 2 Discussion 2 and Unit 2 Assignment BOTH require that you utilize the Lists of Tests by Type, which is provided in the Unit 2 Readings. In your post:
- Include a short description of each test and your initial findings from the Mental Measurements Yearbook. You do not need to include any data of information from the journals or publisher Web sites for this discussion. This is a high-level overview of the three tests and discoveries from reading the reviews. Include any difficulties you may be experiencing with searching for information either in Mental Measurements Yearbook from Buros, publisher Web sites, or peer-reviewed journal articles.
- Conclude your discussion with an evaluation of the three tests and which one is appearing to be your preference for the course project. Explain why.
Please note, that you may change your choice by the time you submit your assignment at the end of this unit.
Review Unit 2 Key Concepts.
Use your Psychological Testing and Assessment: An Introduction to Tests and Measurement text to complete the following:
- Read Chapter 3, “A Statistics Refresher,” pages 77–116.
- Read pages 124–143 of Chapter 4, “Of Tests and Testing.”
Use your Standards for Educational and Psychological Testing text to read Chapter 5, “Scores, Scales, Norms, Score Linking, and Cut Scores,” pages 95–107.
Use the Internet to review page 5 of “Code of Fair Testing Practices in Education” from Joint Committee on Testing Practices.
View the document List of Tests by Type [PDF]. See the assignment instructions and the course project information.
Complete the following:
- Click Norm-Referenced Versus Criterion-Referenced Assessment to view the presentation.
- Click Measurement Scales Activityâ to view the presentation.
- Click Correlation to view the presentation.
Unit 2 Learning Check
Complete the Unit 2 Learning Check quiz. All learning checks are required activities. While you do not receive a unit grade for completing each check, it remains a course requirement, and will assist you in understanding the content in the units, as well as prepare you for the final quiz in Unit 10, which is graded.
Thanks for installing the Bottom of every post plugin by Corey Salzano. Contact me if you need custom WordPress plugins or website design.