ASSIGNMENT SHOULD BE NO LESS THAN 350 words and APA format.
Assignment needed by 8pm 6/30/18
Has America Entered a Post-Racial Era?
We were told in our reading this week that there have been certain points in recent history where racism was declared for all intents and purposes gone, but even the most casual observer of the news can recount episodes of intolerance, hate crimes, and veiled racism in opposition to immigration, affordable housing, and education reform (Schaefer, 2015). Our question this week will be, has America entered a post-racial era? Our text refers to the common expression, is the glass half empty or half full? How do you see racism in America? Do you see the glass as half empty or half full? Please respond to the following points in your responses this week:
- After reviewing Figure 9.2 on page 242, where do you think America stands on the issues of race?
- Did Obama’s presidency make life easier for people of color? Why or why not?
- How do popular culture representations from music, comedy, and TV programming complicate the issue?
- What responsibilities do activists, politicians, and educators bear in advancing the discussion on race in our country?
Thanks for installing the Bottom of every post plugin by Corey Salzano. Contact me if you need custom WordPress plugins or website design.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS