Assignment 2: Balancing Sex Offender Treatment with Community Risk
The process of rehabilitation has two broad aims: helping the offender identify and change maladaptive patterns of thinking and behavior and reintegrating the offender into the community in a way that does not compromise public safety. In this module, your assigned readings have exposed you to two different models of sex offender rehabilitation: the RNR model and the GLM.
Using the module’s readings, the Argosy University online library resources, the Internet, and professional literature, conduct additional research on the RNR model and the GLM.
Based on your research, respond to the following:
- Briefly describe the essential features of the RNR model and the GLM and analyze their strengths.
- Provide an opinion about whether both models are equally effective in enhancing community safety.
- Provide an opinion about whether both models are equally effective in promoting offender welfare.
- Discuss two ethical issues that the forensic professional should consider when choosing between these two models of offender rehabilitation.
Apply APA standards to citation of sources.
Your response should rely upon at least two additional sources from the professional literature. Professional literature may include the Argosy University online library resources, relevant textbooks, peer-reviewed journal articles, and websites created by professional organizations, agencies, or institutions (.edu, .gov, and the apa.org website).
Compile your research in a 1- to 2-page Microsoft Word document.
Thanks for installing the Bottom of every post plugin by Corey Salzano. Contact me if you need custom WordPress plugins or website design.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS