Application: Historical Development of Professional Associations
Over the years, human services organizations have evolved to respond to the challenges in their communities. This evolution may have created dramatic changes in the organizations over time. For example, the American Society of Criminology went through various changes since its inception in 1941. It began as The National Association of College Police Training Officials with eight male members who wanted to improve police training curricula. Today, it is called the American Society of Criminology (ASC). Over time, it has gone though changes in its scope, membership, and policies. In the 1960s, the first females joined this association. This prompted the need to expand resources to serve all of its members. Looking at the history of an organization can inform you of its historical development and future direction (Adler, 1997).
To prepare for this Application, choose a professional association in your area of interest. Review this association’s website, and research its historical development. This information is typically found in the “About” section of the association’s website. In addition, search the Walden Library and Internet for additional information.
The assignment: (3–4 pages)
- Analyze the historical development of one professional association in your area of interest. Include in your analysis:
- Why the association was formed
- How the association has evolved
- How ethics have influenced the association
- Describe the key issues you see the association facing now, and explain how you think the association will evolve based on these issues. Be specific and provide examples.
Support your Application Assignment with specific references to all resources used in its preparation. You are asked to provide a reference list for all resources, including those in the Learning Resources for this course.
Thanks for installing the Bottom of every post plugin by Corey Salzano. Contact me if you need custom WordPress plugins or website design.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS