1. How will accomplishing these objectives support your success in management? What risks or challenges might a manager encounter if they have not mastered these objectives? Explain. As a manager these objectives will help me understand the impact of globalization, the international monetary system and learning how the exchange of currency affect day to day operations when doing business in foreign markets. One of the biggest risks a manager could face is international exposure with no knowledge of the currency exchange rate risk. Exchange rates fluctuate daily and this can cause problems with contracts and affect profits. Other risks may be not being stable enough to remain in the global market.
2. What is the purpose of the WTO and G8? Do you believe they are beneficial to Multi-National Companies? The purpose of the WTO is to ensure global trading goes smoothly and all disputes are resolved in a just and fair manner (Bride, 2018). They develop and set the rules for global trading using an international commerce system. The G8 is an important meeting of world leaders to discuss foreign policies, terrorism, peace and many other issues in an effort combat the issues and find peace. Yes, the WTO strives to find a balance with meeting the needs of multinational companies and addressing the social and environmental needs of the government.
3. Why do you believe it is important to understand the international monetary system? The IMS is a system that forms the rules and regulation for trading between countries (Mitusharo, 2017). I believe it’s important to understand the IMS, so you will know the rules that govern the exchange of currency globally and to know the value of your money in other countries when conducting business. For a business to be successful and to maintain its operations it must know what the currency exchange risk are and how to handle it. Also, the International Monetary Fund and the World Bank are all a part of the IMS, they can provide funding to those who are having issues with trading which can be very beneficial in the case of a crisis. Learning how to exchange currency and knowing the value of it provides insight into how governments in other countries prioritize and fund projects and work with the private sector to implement initiatives (Board, 2015) .
Board, E. (2015). Forces of Global and its Financial Implications for Multinational Firm. In E. Board, Global Financial Managment (pp. 3-22). Words of Wisdom.
Bride, J. M. (2018, March 23). Council of Foreign Relations. Retrieved from Foreign Affairs : https://www.cfr.org/backgrounder/whats-next-wto
Mitusharo, F. (2017, March 7). International Monetary Fund. Retrieved from International Monetary Fund: https://www.imf.org/en/News/Articles/2017/03/08/SP030817-Strengthening-the-International-Monetary-System
Thanks for installing the Bottom of every post plugin by Corey Salzano. Contact me if you need custom WordPress plugins or website design.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS